How am I? // Feelings after 1 month back

by - Juni 28, 2018


Yeah, I can't believe the day I left America was one month ago! It´s probably because I´ve been to Greece two weeks after I came back.
To be completely honest, the first days I haven't had much time to think about how much I miss America. I was still full of excitement of discovering my old world new.  It was my birthday, the day after I came back so family and friends came over and we had a great time. The same night I went to another birthday party. Uff guys I missed those parties haha! There was somebody who was in America too and I got all exited about it again haha but it if any other exchange student is fighting with wanderlust I can recommend to just talk about it too, share your experience with others, who know what you are talking about! That made me feel a lot better! And all in one when you have real good friends everything is alright anyways! On Monday we flew to Greece and I spend time with my family. I can recommend that to everybody who is doing an exchange year because you simply calm down a little and have time to realize what is happening and can just spend time with your family. Now I am back in Germany and will stay here for a little while haha. Most of my friends are still in school or are working. So I have enough time to sit at home and think about life haha. So yeah I miss America a lot. Especially when I go through old pictures it hurts, it really does. I am thinking about what people over there are doing right now. It´s always satisfying to me when I think about how life around this planet is so different. I am sitting in my bed right now and people in America are probably waking up or do whatever. I really am glad to be back and to get time to spend with my family and friends. But slowly I feel that I want to go back, you know I wish I could just teleport every second. I could never choose between Germany and the US. When I think about my friends starting their senior year soon and then graduating it makes me feels so jealous maaannn!! But even here where I am just sitting here and think about it, of course I am sad but I am also filled with with happiness and joy. Because the thought that I wouldn't have done this year and wouldn't have met so many people, that is a nightmare.

I am thankful and grateful. Everybody should be, no matter what. Life gives you so much, you just gotta take chances, don't think about everything twice, risk something, step forward, be yourself and then let yourself fall, wait, and I am sure there will be many people who will catch you with open arms and make your life richer and full of love. That is what I felt. That is what I am feeling. That makes me rich.

You May Also Like

0 Kommentare